World Post Day: Invitation to visit the Royal Gibraltar Post Office’s New Mail Centre
World Post Day is celebrated each year on 9 October. The event was created by the 1969 Universal Postal Congress in Tokyo, as a means to mark the anniversary of the Universal Postal Union’s creation in 1874.
The purpose of World Post Day is to bring awareness of the role played by postal services in the everyday lives of people and businesses, as well as its contribution to global social and economic development.
The UPU’s member countries are encouraged to organise their own national activities to celebrate the event, including anything from the introduction or promotion of new postal products and services to the organisation of open days at post offices, mail centres and postal museums.
Invitation to Visit to the RGPO’s Mail Centre at Bishop Caruana Road
In celebration of World Post Day on Tuesday 09 October 2018, the RGPO is to offer the General Public tours of their new Mail Centre, at Bishop Caruana Road, as follows:
Tour 1 = 1600 hours (4pm)
Tour 2 = 1800 hours (6pm)
2. Assembly Point: Parcel Post entrance at Bishop Caruana Road
3. Assembly Time: 10 minutes before Tour start time
4. Bookings: On a first come, first served via e-mail only basis. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org giving your name(s), address, any special arrangements you may require, the Tour you want and a telephone contact number (all information retained under the provisos of the Data Protection Act).
5. Cut-Off Time: Cut-off time for applications is 12 midday on Friday 05 October 2018.
6. Confirmation: Bookings will be confirmed by 12 midday on Monday 08 October 2018.
7. Identification: Successful applicants will be required to bring an in-date passport or local ID Card when attending.
The Royal Gibraltar Post Office looks forward to your joining us during our World Post Day celebrations.