Recipe by The Gibraltar Vegan instagram.com/thegibraltarvegan
These ingredients make 15 30g balls.
You can change the juice to either blueberry for a sweeter taste or orange juice if you fancy a sharper citrus hit. You can also change the dried apricots to golden sultanas. Make these energy balls your own and mix and create new flavours.
- 130g pitted dates
- 45g pumpkin seeds
- 75g porridge oats
- 45g dried apricots
- 95ml mixed red berries juice
- 1½ cocoa powder
Choose from 4g freeze dried strawberries, 25g chopped pistachio nuts, 30g desiccated coconut, 2 tsp peppermint essence.
1. Chop the dates into small pieces and soak in the red berries juice for ten minutes.
2. Chop the apricots into small pieces and set aside.
3. Blend the pumpkin seeds and oats.
4. Add the apricots, pumpkin seeds, oats and cocoa to the soaked dates .
5. Mix together with a spoon, alternatively you could use a blender if you want more of a truffle texture.
6. If you are making them mint flavoured, add the peppermint essence now and mix well.
7. Using your hands roll the balls into whatever size you wish, I make them between 25-30g but for children you might want to make them smaller.
8. For all none mint flavoured balls roll them in whichever flavour you opted for.
9. No need to put in the fridge but in doing so they do get firmer. The balls can be stored for two weeks.