Sweet, tart, creamy, and refreshing – these dairy free frozen treats will keep you cool all summer.
6 rhubarb stalks (chopped)
(about 2 1/4 cups)
1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
about 1/2 cup full-fat
10 serving popsicle moulds
- Place chopped rhubarb, strawberries and maple syrup in a small pot over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, turn heat to low and simmer for 15 min until rhubarb is tender.
- Blend until pureed. Place in the fridge to cool.
- Pour 1 tsp of coconut milk into the bottom of each popsicle mould & stick in freezer.
- Once the strawberry rhubarb mixture has cooled, take pops out of freezer and layer 1 tbsp onto the coconut milk. Place pops back in freezer and the strawberry rhubarb mixture back in the fridge.
- Once the first 2 layers are frozen, repeat with 1 tsp of coconut milk and 1 tbsp of strawberry rhubarb mixtures, freezing after each layer.
- Once finished, unmould pops in shallow warm water (about 20 seconds).
Recipe by Jenn S. for veggieinspired.com