Roasted pumpkin soup
Brew this warm hearty Halloween inspired soup in your caldron to set the kids up before the stuff their faces with sweets from Trick or Treat.
If for some reason you cannot find pumpkins in October we may have a terrifyingly scary situation on our ghostly hands, but butternut squash works equally as well.
1 pumpkin or butternut squash
1 large white onion
5floz of coconut milk
1 tbsp of agave
1 tsp salt
1 vegan stock cube
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- On a tray with greaseproof paper place the whole pumpkin/butternut squash and the onion which has been cut in half (you can leave the peel on)
- Roast until the pumpkin/butternut squash is tender, this will probably take an hour to an hour and a half. Remove it from the oven and let it cool down enough that you can handle it
- Cut the pumpkin/butternut squash in half and using a spoon scoop out the seeds and stringy parts
- Place the pumpkin/butternut squash in a blender. Remove the peel of the onion and add to the blender with the coconut milk, agave, salt and stock. You will need to make up the stock separately before adding it to the blender.
- Blend until it is nice and smooth
- Reheat in a pan if the soup has cooled too much
Recipe by The Gibraltar Vegan instagram.com/thegibraltarvegan