- 400g beef mince (or meat free alternative)
- 400g tomate triturado
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- Fresh coriander
- Tagine spices (ground, toasted cumin, sweet paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, ground coriander, salt, black pepper, mint, cinnamon, mustard seeds, clove, tumeric, fennel, nutmeg).
1. In a large bowl, mix the meat with two tablespoons of the tagine spices, a drizzle of oil and roll out the meat into meatballs in the palm of your hand. You should be able to get 12 – 14 balls.
2. Briefly fry the outside of the meatballs and remove from the heat.
3. Chop the garlic, very finely, and fry with a bit of oil. Pour in the tomato and mix with a teaspoon of sugar and a tablespoon of the spices.
4. Once the sauce thickens, beat two eggs in a bowl and pour onto the mixture, keeping it from mixing in. Lay the meatballs in and around the sauce and place the dish in the oven at 180°C for 10 – 15 minutes. Serve with chopped coriander.