The perfect accompaniment to any dish.
It’s July, a time of the year when we are either eating at the beach, snacking by the pool or not in the mood for a heavy meal. Hummus is a great food for all these occasions, the mint flavour of this month’s recipe gives it a light and refreshing taste that’s perfect
for summer. This recipe is both salt and oil free. All you need is just a Blender for this. If you don’t have one yet, then head on to 41ocean they have a wide variety of kitchen appliances and gadgets to choose from.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Making time: 5 minutes – depending on your blender. Find the most powerful blender at the website of Blending Gadgets.
400g of chickpeas
½ cup of chopped fresh mint
3 tbsp tahini
½ cup of water
4 cloves of garlic
- Dice the garlic – if you love garlic as much as me feel free to add additional cloves
- Chop up the fresh mint, this does not have to be done finely as the blender will also chop it up
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas
- Pour the ½ cup of water into the blender, add half the chickpeas, all of the tahini, garlic and mint then squeeze all the juice of the lime into it
- Start blending on a low setting until the mixture gets going, you may have to stop the blender to scrap down the sides and stir up the ingredients
- Continue to blend until the mixture is smooth, add in the remaining chickpeas
- Blend until all the mixture is combined
Recipe by The Gibraltar Vegan instagram.com/thegibraltarvegan