Find more recipes at Mama Lotties: www.mamalotties.com
Find this Recipe and more in their Mama Lotties: 100 Everyday Recipes Cookbook
- Filo Pastry Sheets
- 4 Potatoes
- 1 Tin Fresh Peas
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 200G Lentils
- 1 Small Cauliflower
- Grated Ginger
- Fresh Coriander
- 1 Shallot
- 2 Tsp Garam Masala
1. Peel and dice the potatoes and cauliflower and place to boil, when soft remove from pot and drain.
2. Chop the onion into very small pieces and do the same with the garlic. Fry these in a pan with a splash of oil and grated ginger. When softened, pour in the lentils and the peas.
3. Transfer everything into a large bowl and blend together the ingredients including the coriander and garam masala, leaving some potato chunks and lentils aside.
4. Cut the filo into rectangles and place it upwards in front of you, and spoon a bit of the mixture on the bottom corner. Fold a triangle across and continue folding a triangle upwards, until you get near the top. Butter the remaining edge and fold over, sealing the edges.
5. Finish off by brushing over with oil and placing in the oven at 180°C for 30 – 40 minutes.