- 400g meatless mince (I use The Meatless Farm Co available in Morrisons. If you buy frozen mince defrost it first.)
- 1 granny Smith apple
- 1 shallot
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch salt
- Black pepper
- This recipe makes six burgers
1. Chop the shallot up finely. Grate the Granny Smith apple including the skin.
2. Place all the ingredients to a mixing bowl and combine.
3. Using a heart shaped cutter create the burgers by stuffing the mixture into them and removing the cutter.
4. Either cook in the oven for 25minutes at 170 degrees or fry in a pan until golden and crispy on the outside. I prefer the oven method.
5. Serve with lettuce, vegan cheese and your favourite relishes or sauces.