1 packet of egg and milk free gnocchi
3/4 cup of hazelnuts
1 packet of The Vegetarian Butcher’s bacon (or 1 cup of chickpeas)
3 garlic cloves
Dairy free pesto
Violife Parmesan cheese
1. Chop the hazelnuts in half, slice and dice up the garlic cloves
2. Fry up the bacon in a little oil on a medium heat for approximately five minutes
3. Add the hazelnuts – if you haven’t use the bacon and are opting for chickpeas
instead the hazelnuts and chickpeas can be cooked together at the same
time. Cook under the hazelnuts and/ or chickpeas are starting to go golden brown.
4. Boil up a saucepan of water and add the gnocchi when it is boiled. Gnocchi takes minutes to cook, the general rule is once it is floating it is ready.
5. Add the garlic to the hazelnut, bacon/chickpea pan.
6. Once the gnocchi is cooked, drain it and put it in with the hazelnut, bacon/chickpeas.
7. Add in three to four heaped teaspoons of pesto, depending on how strong you like it.
8. Stir until the pesto has been evenly distributed throughout the dish.
9. Place the rocket on a plate leaving space in the middle for the gnocchi.
10. Dish the gnocchi onto the plate, grate the parmesan cheese and top with cracked black pepper.
NOTE: Gnocchi is generally a filling food, so this recipe is ideal for three people or two really hungry adults.
recipe by The Gibraltar Vegan