Reflective of our neighbouring Andalucía, the combination of tomatoes, cucumber, pepper, onion, garlic and olive oil creates a wonderful cold soup that gives a taste of summers on the beach.
- 5 medium sized vine ripened tomatoes
- ½ yellow pepper (or red if you prefer a little more sweetness)
- 6 inches cucumber
- ½ red onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
1. Scoop out the insides of the tomatoes, dice them and put them in a bowl
2. Peel the cucumber, dice and add to the tomatoes
3. Dice the pepper, red onion and garlic and add to the mix
4. Add the olive oil, black pepper, salt and parsley
5. Take half of the mixture and place in a blender, blend until very smooth
6. Pour this into a container
7. Take the remainder of the mixture and blend it slightly so that it is not as smooth and has texture
8. Pour this into the container with the smooth soup and stir.
9. Serve in a glass as traditional with some fresh crusty bread or drink it directly from a reusable bottle at the beach or on the go.