This month both international Women’s Day and Mother’s Day are celebrated. For those of you who want to cook or help the children cook to show the females in your life you love them, be it your mother, wife, girlfriend, daughter, sister, best friend, even your wonderful mother-in-law, this recipe is easy, can be made in advance and dare I say it – darn tasty!
This makes enough for 2 adults.
Creamy Dressing (I filled the 540g jar the chickpeas came in).
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 ¼ cup of water
- 2 lemons
- ½ bulb of garlic
- 6 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 5 tsp capers
- 1 jar/400g of chickpeas
- 3 tbsp olive oil (or your preferred oil)
- 4 tsp garlic powder
- 5 tsp wild rosemary
- 100g salad mix (I used rocket and lamb’s lettuce)
- 1 small handful of dried cranberries
- 1 small handful of mixed chopped nuts
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Place on a baking tray and cover in the oil.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder and wild rosemary over the chickpeas and blend well so they are all coated with the mixture.
- Roast in an oven at 200°C for 20 minutes.
- Place the lettuce, cranberries and mixed nuts on the plates, add the chickpeas and dress with the creamy lemon caesar dressing.
- Check the viscosity of the dressing and add more water if need be.
Recipe by The Gibraltar Vegan instagram.com/thegibraltarvegan