This 4-ingredient ice cream tastes JUST like its dairy milk chocolate counterpart. And this time, NO bananas!
¾ cups (170g) cooked & mashed sweet potato
2 cups (480g) room temp. tinned ‘lite’ coconut milk
1 ½ cups (283g) chocolate chips
½ tablespoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
1. Bake sweet potato 200° until very soft.
2. Once cooked and cooled a bit, peel skin and mash really well. Add 3/4 cup of it to a blender with the coconut milk, vanilla and salt. Don’t blend yet.
3. Melt chocolate chips and stir until completely smooth. Don’t overheat! Add to blender.
4. Blend the ingredients on high for a minute or so until completely smooth. Add sugar to taste.
5. Add your blended ice cream base to a container and pop in freezer. Set a timer for 30 mins and stir the ice cream around really well. Add back to the freezer and do this every 30 minutes until solid or at desired consistency – about 2 hours. (If you have an ice cream maker, use that instead!) If you don’t have one then check out the Best Countertop Ice Maker With Water Line here.
Recipe by THEVEGAN8.COM